The cramps-bloated stomach-back pain, the big-weird pimple that is incredibly painful, swollen breasts, the strange cravings and irritating mood swing
But do you know that with good Nutrition you can relieve the ABOVE symptoms?
FOODS TO EAT.
1. Iron rich foods i.e. red meat, liver, dark green veggies. This is to boost and restore normal blood(Hb) levels.
2. Water. You are losing a lot of fluids at that period and adequate water intake is key.
3. Bananas. Rich in potassium. They reduce water retention as well as counter depression.
4. Fiber rich whole grains cereals and lots of vegetables reduce bloating and constipation.
FOODS TO AVOID:
1. Caffeine; foods like tea, coffee, soda and chocolates. They elevate your estrogen levels increasing the symptoms of PMS.
2. Alcohol; any alcoholic drink increases pre-menstrual depression.
3. Sugary foods that alter your blood sugar levels making you lazy and sluggish and also cause rapid mood swings.
4. Salty foods like crisps. They cause water retention that sometimes cause bloating. One of the best ways to get relief from cramps besides modifying your diet is to increase your activities as it improves blood and oxygen circulation in the body helping in lessening the cramps.